Saturday, October 29, 2011

Mini Witch Hat Tutorial

Pin It

My daughter is going to be a witch for Halloween, but I couldn't find a hat that was small enough to fit her.  Well that's not totally true, I could have paid $30 for a witch costume at Target which had a hat included, but that would have been crazy.  I finally decided just to make one for her.  While a normal sized hat would have been fun, I thought a mini witch hat would be cute.  What did it cost me?  Well, nothing since I had all of the supplies on hand, but if I hadn't had the materials on hand, it probably would have cost around $1 or so.

Here's what I did:

Using this pattern, I cut out my foam sheet.
 I wrapped the foam around into a cone and hot glued the seam.  I then added on little strips along the inside of the cone in order to glue the cone to the base a little easier.  You could definitely skip this step and just put hot glue all around the bottom on the cone as long as you're planning to cover up the seam somehow.  Otherwise, you'll see the hot glue.
 I glued the cone to the base.
 I then added some tulle to match my daughter's tutu.
Last, I hot glued some elastic thread to help keep it on.  The elastic thread was perfect, it didn't bother her so she actually kept the hat on.  Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment