Friday, September 9, 2011

Old Dress to Children's Dress

Pin It I'm finally starting to get my crafting back on....if you hadn't noticed I've been a bit more interested in food than crafting.  Does it surprise you that we found out I'm having a baby BOY?!?!?!  I think that explains my lack of craftiness :) 

Yesterday I made a dress for my little girl out of an old dress of mine.  I should have done a step by step tutorial, but I didn't (I was trying to hurry and make it during her nap time).  If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them though. 

Here is the original dress.  For a reference, it came down to my knees.  Why did I cut it up and ruin it you ask?  Honestly, it never fit well and the top was too wide.
 Here is the dress I made for my daughter.  It's a bit too long (remember she was down for a nap so I couldn't take measurements along the way), but I still like it.  I have a bit more fabric left over that I think I'll make a matching headband with. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it's too long at all- I think it's adorable! And it makes me so mad that I threw away a similar dress because it was getting a little too short on me. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, forever later, I'm wondering how you did the sleeves? I'm looking in all my usual places and all the little girls' dresses are sleeveless or have tie sleeves.

    ReplyDelete