Friday, August 5, 2011

Unbroken

Pin It

Remember when I shared a reading list a while back of books I plan to read?  Well I have read a couple of them and thought I'd share my thoughts on some.  Today I'm wanting to tell you about Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.

I highly recommend this book.  It is a nonfiction book about a POW during WWII.  I am sad to say, that I actually didn't know a ton about the Japanese side of the war, I mostly just knew about all of the things going on in Germany.  This book taught me a ton about the war while sharing an amazing story.  I loved it!  Unbroken, isn't necessarily a quick read, but it's very informative.  If you are considering getting the book on tape, I'm sure it's still good, but I did like looking at the pictures of Louie and others people in the book.

Just a warning, POW life can be difficult and disturbing, so if those types of things bother you, then maybe this book isn't for you, but as for me, it was an inspiring book and I really enjoyed it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment