Thursday, June 2, 2011

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

Pin It Last night I did a taste testing session with my husband and sister-in-law to try and figure out the best chicken salad sandwich recipe.  This is the recipe we came up with.

- 1/4 Cup Mayo
- 1/2 tsp (or a bit less) Curry Powder
- 1 Tbs or so lemon juice

Whisk together  those ingredients.  Then add:

- 12.5 ounces of canned chicken - break up into small pieces
- halved red grapes
- handful of craisins
- 1 granny smith apple chopped up
- Cashews
- Salt & Pepper to taste

You should try it out and let me know what you think.  Obviously if you used freshly cooked chicken breasts, it'd probably be even better.   Oh and don't forget to have it on a delicious croissant :)

I refrigerated the mayo mixture with the chicken, grapes and craisins so it would get cold and then just before serving I added the apples and cashews so they would stay crunchy.

This makes 3-4 sandwiches.

1 comment:

  1. My mom's homemade recipe consists of the mayo and curry powder! It's so yummy isn't it!? I'll have to add the other ingredients sometime too! You're so talented Madelyn! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete