Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dried Orange Art

Pin It A while ago I mentioned that I had seen a tutorial on how to dry oranges on Delia Creates well I finally used mine!  I put my dried oranges in a few picture frames and hung them above the window in my kitchen.  The two small picture frames could be bigger, but I got them for 10 cents each at Walmart....so I'm not complaining!  The larger frame was also from Walmart and was $3.  Here's the finished product.


To dry your oranges, cut them into the same you want.  Cut them about 1/4" thick.  Lay them on a cookie sheet lined with foil and bake at 250 degrees for about 5-6 hours.  Depending on the thickness of your oranges, it may take longer.  After a couple hours flip over the oranges.  You may want to flip them back over after another few hours.

To make these, I simply cut out some cream paper to fit the frames and then hot glue the dried oranges onto the paper.  Really easy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment